This healthy and nourishing breakfast is so quick to make, even though it may not look like it. It takes about 7 minutes - even including chopping up your green onion. It is savory, easy and if you like your yolks on the runny side, it just hits the spot if you need a good base to get you through the day! Internally, we are calling this the "Mom breakfast" as this isn't something we'd necessarily feed our kids. It's what we do after the kiddos have gone to school and Mom needs a little something too. Feel free to add your own spin to this also. Add avocado for some extra fiber or ground beef or turkey to make it a little heartier.
• EVOO • 2 eggs • A couple handfuls of raw spinach • 4 green onions, finely chopped. (we use white parts too, but just use the green parts if you want!) • salt and pepper to taste
1. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a medium hot frying pan.
2. Once oil is hot and shimmering, add your chopped green onion and a pinch of salt. Sautee for 1 minute - until fragrant.
3. Add in a couple handfuls of spinach and toss together for about 30 seconds. Enough to where the spinach starts to wilt.
4. Push spinach and onion to the side of the pan making a "ring" around the outside.
5. Crack two eggs into the middle and let cook. Add a top to help if you want.
6. Cook the eggs to your liking - we love an over medium egg so that when you cut into it the yolk spills out but not too much.
7. Slide the whole pan onto a plate and add salt and pepper to taste.