Gretchen recently combined two recipes from some of her favorite go-to chefs to create this delicious Green Inspired dinner for her family. This Greek Salad is soooo good and leans more toward a traditional Greek salad, which has no lettuce!
• 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (Gretchen cut her breasts in half so they were a little more thin. You can also buy thin cut breats, but sometimes they are hard to find! • 3 tbsp EVOO • 1 tsp dijon mustard • 2 tbsp red wine vinegar • 2 cloves garlic, minced • 2 tbsp lemon juice • 1 tsp dried oregano • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Place the chicken breast on a cutting board and cover with saran wrap. Using a meat mallet or the bottom of a skillet, pound until 1/2 inch thick. (Skip this step if you have bought thin breasts or cut them in half!)
2. In the bottom of a large bowl or casserole dish, add the EVOO, dijon, red wine vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, dried oregano, cumin, kosher salt, and black pepper. Whisk to combine. Place the chicken into the marinade and let marinade for at least 30 minutes, but preferably for 4-24 hours.
3. To grill the chicken, heat grill to medium-high heat, about 400 degrees. Once hot, grill chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
*Recipe by Delicious Dish
• 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved - can also use 2-3 heirloom tomatoes, roughly chopped • 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved • leaves from a small bunch of fresh mint, roughly chopped - if you're not a fan of mint, you can use flat leaf parsley, finely chopped. • Two 14-ounce cans butter beans, drained and well rinsed. • 1/2 to 3/4 English cucumber, medium diced - cut cucumber in half lengthwise, then cut those halves lengthwise again, (making 4 spears) then slice half inch dices out of each spear. • 3 tbsp EVOO • 1 red onion, cut in half and thinly sliced • 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 6 oz. feta cheese, cut into cubes, this is also to taste, use as much or as little as you like
• 1 tsp. quality salt, plus more to taste
• Freshly ground pepper to taste
1. In a large salad bowl, add the cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, mint, English cucumber, and butter beans, gently toss to combine. Note: If you're prepping this ahead, keep the sliced cherry tomatoes in a strainer, so the extra juice can drain out and the bottom of the salad won't be mushy.
2. In a large skillet set over medium heat, add the olive oil, sliced onion and chopped garlic. Stir frequently until the garlic and onion start to sizzle and become fragrant, roughly 1-2 minutes. This helps infuse the flavors of the onion and garlic into the oil. It also helps to take the bite out of the red onion.
3. Remove from heat and pour over the tomato and bean mixture. Add the lemon juice, teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt and feta cubes. Season to taste with pepper, and gently toss well to combine.
4. Let salad rest for roughly 10-15 minutes, so all the flavors meld together. See above photo for how salad looks when tossed.
Recipe by Marin Mama Cooks
Chop up broccoli florets into bite sized pieces and remove most of stem (or buy them pre chopped in a bag!)
Place in a microwave safe dish like a Pyrex. Add enough water to the dish so that it covers the bottom. Not too much - like 1/4 cup or maybe 1/3 cup, depending on the size of your dish.
Microwave for 6-7 minutes. This will totally cook it!
Season with butter, good quality salt and LOTS of everything but the bagel seasoning!