Allison has been wanting to try this “Easy Chicken and Dumpling” recipe from @livingwithlandyn since she heard her talking about it. She finally got the chance to make it!
The “easy” part is 100% true and we’re pretty sure this will be a winning recipe for you to try as well.
• 3 bone-in, skin on chicken breasts (this cut will give the soup much more flavor compared to a skinless, boneless breast)
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 3/4 cup diced carrots
• 3/4 cup diced celery
• 2, 32 ounce cartons chicken stock
• 2, 10 ounce cans of cream of chicken soup concentrate
• 1, 16 ounce can of ready made biscuits
• 1/2 cup flour for dredging
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place 3 breasts in the crockpot. Sprinkle diced onion, carrot and celery in top. Pour one of the 32 ounce chicken stock cartons over the chicken and veggies. Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
2. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove bones and skin and shred. Place back into the crockpot and then transfer to the stovetop. *If your crockpot can be used on the stovetop, great. If not, transfer into a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot.
3. Add the second 32 ounce carton of chicken stock and both cans of cream of chicken soup concentrate. Stir well and bring to a boil.
4. While the soup is coming up to a boil, slice the biscuits into small bite-sized knowing they will expand while cooking. Dredge cut pieces in flour making sure each side is covered to avoid sticking together.
5. Reduce soup to a low/medium heat and add biscuits. Stir for 3 min and then cover for about 15 minutes stirring occasionally. The steam will cook the biscuits.
Pour generous portions into bowls and enjoy with a green salad. Enjoy!