One of Laura's staple (and favorite) things to eat growing up was a bagel and cream cheese. So many options and flavor profiles to explore with both the bagel as well as the cream cheese! But as an adult, dairy and wheat are both things she tries to avoid when possible as they just don't make her feel fantastic. When she came across this vegan (dairy free) version of home-made veggie cream cheese from Jennifer Fisher Kitchen, she was thrilled! She could still have her one of her favorite foods without the dairy and wheat side effects. Smear this yummy cream cheese on whatever vessel you deem worthy - we love "Unbun" everything bagels if you want a yummy grain free option. Also consider crackers or an english muffin!
• 1 cup vegan cream cheese from grocery store (we like Kite Hill)
• 4 Tbsp green onion, chopped
• 1 Tbsp carrot, chopped small
• 1 Tbsp radish, chopped small
• 1 Tbsp jalapeno, deseeded and chopped small
• Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
• sea salt to taste
• sprinkle of red pepper flakes for a little heat (optional + to taste)
1. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix well until combined. Taste for seasoning and see if you need additional salt/spice. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Keeps for about a week in a container in the fridge.
*Recipe adapted from Jennifer Fisher Kitchen